Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Beautiful Snow Day





Casey showing the Creatives how to change their voices into the "mouse" or "alien" voice on the computer.


Today the public school in Portland had a snow day, but I kept my home pre-school, the Creative Play House opened.  It is always special for my kids to have some time with the "Creatives".  Even my 13-year-old son Casey joined in (so sweet!).  The images of the "big" kids reading to the smaller ones and the gentle and caring way the big kids helped the smaller brought tears to my eyes several times.....
Like in any other family, my two kids Oriana (8) and Casey (13) squabble and bicker quite a bit.  It was very affirming to have a day like today where they both showed how they had learned the lessons I've  tried to instill about being a good friend, sharing, helping out, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment