Tuesday, January 27, 2009




Valentine's Day is More Important in Maine!

I started Valentine's Day activities today with my pre-schoolers and one of the Moms who moved recently from Seattle commented that the holiday seemed to be emphasized in Maine more that back West.  We wondered if this was true do to our cold climate and the need for fun things to do and look forward to during winter. Well, I say any excuse to use glitter and pretty paper is a good one!!  Here are some Valentine's Day House Mail Boxes we started today using those crates from clementines.  I was scrounging around for more cardboard for the tops and ended up using the covers from some old out-dated books.  I wasn't thinking they would be "roofs" because the original cardboard I had used was just flat, but then it just happened! I think they're pretty great.  One year I had a parent who saved a bunch of those 5 Lb coffee cans and we painted those and used them for the mailboxes.






No comments:

Post a Comment